Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Wish you all doing ok.

I just purchased the 20 circuit ISIS wiring system and I was reading through the manual and I have a question please.

What is an open outputs?

In Manual it says "Open outputs are not assigned to any specific function and have a track personality. They can be used to power any load under 25 amps without modifying the programming. When using the open output, the output will be on when the switch is in the “on” position, and off when the switch is in the “off” position."

It might be clear but I think its a bit confusing :confused1:?
and also, what is a track personality?

Thanks
Hakeem

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
I have an original 1+1 units, so take this comment with a grain of salt. I believe they are saying that the unassigned ports can be used for any needed circuit...the others are preassigned and labeled for Hazards, turn signals, brake lights, headlights, etc etc

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
you should post this in the roadster forum...I don't think Audio/Elect gets much traffic

·
Registered
494 Posts
Open circuits are unassigned and can be used for anything you want. The track personality is the trigger circuit in the master cell for activating the circuit in the power cell. The "track" means the circuit will follow the master cell meaning when the input is grounded the master cell, the power cell will activate the circuit. They use the "track" wording because some master cell trigger circuits don't track the switch input. For instance the turn signals will flash with the master cell trigger circuit closed. If you get the key fob, some of the open circuits are assigned to buttons on the fob. One such button will turn on accessories so that "open" circuit will need to be used for accessories instead of something like a fuel pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts