Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in where you guys put your modules in your roadsters. I think I remember seeing someone put their master cell and a power cell behind the dash. How do you get to the power cell fuses? Where did you put the rear power cell? If you have pics I'd love to see em.

Thanks!
Mario

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody eh?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I put my master cell on the inside of the firewall right behind the dash and next to the heater core with the rear power cell mounted on the inside of the trunk, driver's side rear, and the front cell mounted in the engine compartment on top of the passenger side footbox. In hindsight, it looks relatively clean with all the wires wrapped and flowing together, but I'd probably put the master cell behind the driver's seat with the rear power cell right next to it, and keep the front cell where it is. I don't love the fact that I'm going to have to move my dash if I need to get at the master - though I expect once it's programmed and buttoned up I won't need to. Best thing I did with the ISIS install was build a couple of quick disconnects at the dash. The lines come in and it really only takes about 30 seconds to disconnect/reconnect everything. The fuses were put on my dropped battery box and they're pretty easy to get to if I need.

My bandwidth sucks for me to dig up the pics but you can look at Factory Five Mk3 #4900 - mjmcgphotography's Photos and see if you can pick out the few shots I posted.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,847 Posts
I wish I had done mine differently. I put the master and one powercell behind the dash, the other powercell on a vertical panel in the trunk that I built behind the seats to have a storage space there. I'd really work hard to make them more accessible if I were doing it again.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
My mastercell is in the driver footbox fairly highup on the right side, about 8 inches from where the center console meets he footbox

The rear powercell is in the trunk on the right hand side midway in the aluminum panel

The front powercell is in the engine compartment, driver side as high as possible just aft of the front x member.

you need to have easy access to these things.

I love the system.

·
Speed-crazed and Confused
2,349 Posts
Master and one power-cell behind dash

Rear in a box under the trunk

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That really helps clarify my thoughts. I was having all sorts of clever ideas to hide the modules in somewhat inaccessible ways. You posts have me rethinking it. Thanks guys!

Mario

·
Registered
247 Posts
Mario,
I put my mastercell and front powercell behind the dash. I made sure my dash was eash to remove, this is important. You dont want to have to move the body to get the dash out. Also, i did not put my heater in the traditional location, which would have made putting the powercell and mastercell more difficult. I used the firewall forward mod. For the rear powercell, I made a wall behind the seats in the trunk. I did this so I could mount my stereo amp and Ipod driver and the rear powercell. I made a access door right behind the driver seat so I can change fuses in the rear powercell if necessary or I can unbolt the rear wall and lay it down in the trunk for more access. As others mentioned, the key is placing the cells so you can get to them if necessary. PM me if I can help more.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.