Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.trailerwiring.com/

I'm ditching my unpowered Hoppy converter, cuz it's not working. So, I'm resorting to a powered unit. Is part #46255 as you see in the link the correct one to get? I can't get hazard lights all around, just the front and read here that a powered unit would solve the problem.

·
2,990 Posts
Yes I think that is what I bought. The packaging has changed but it's the same components. I had the same problems with the unpowered converter but when I changed to this one everything works fine.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,218 Posts
What is that used for? I may have a few left over in inventory of the powered converters. I will check tomorrow and if anyone needs one let me know. I will give a heck of a deal.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Dr.
You can wire all four rear lights as brakes with upper (or lower) one being turn signal ... Some folks are successful making the unpowered unit. It is what I have wired in mine

IMO - A whole lot more visible

·
Junior Charter Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Perl.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,230 Posts
DR. S, PM sent

Stephen- How did you wire your rear lights?

·
Charter Member
3,486 Posts
Troy that's the one you want worked for me.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Trevor - I'll see if I can dig up the digram ..

If I remember it right, wire upper lights to trailer connection, bright bulb to turn and brakes, dim to parking. Trailer box takes car of flashing the light when turn signal is on. The lower set of lights is run to the harness, brights to brakes and dim to parking light.

BTW - I have the trailer box mounted on the driver side rear aluminum. The flat connector tucked up on the gas tank for my my little tire trailer.

All - remember that these are Lucas lights - brown is usually ground but green or red may be the bright lead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.