Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home from work last Wednesday evening in my Mark II and someone started honking somewhere behind me. I was going about 50 and not in the mood to look around for the source of the honk. Another couple of honks and blocks later, this lady in her mid fiftys pulls up along side me while we're going 45. She's still honking and with a big smile on her face she screams over to me "Is that a Cobra?" I scream back "yes" and she gets an even bigger smile on her face and slows down and I never saw her again. I considered yelling to her that it was a replica, but I had the distinct impression that seeing and identifying a Cobra was the highlight of her week. Do we have an obligation to dispel happy people of their belief that they have just witnessed a "Cobra". I struggle with the idea that by not clarifying my answer I am being deceptive. Is "yes" to that question morally deficient?

·
Rookie
520 Posts
(Originaly posted Feb 2007)

I have had my kit for a year now and am just starting the build.

My best and only story is from bringing it north across the border.

A young beautiful woman in the Customs booth who said "Is that a Cobra?" with an excited grin on her face. I smiled surprised that this early 20's recognized it and got all wide eyed over it.
I cant describe the eagerness in her eyes.... (just in case my wife ever reads this forum )

If only I was 25 again...And um, single

Cheers,
PSI

·
Charter Member
996 Posts
If they ask if it's a Cobra, I just reply with a "yes." They recognize the shape, sound, etc. Same thing to the ones who think it's a Corvette, MG, Aston Martin, Triumph, etc. If they ask if it's a Shelby, I tell them " No. It's a Factory Five. "

My dash might someday be autographed by Dave Smith, or Bob Bondurant, but I don't want Carroll Shelby anywhere near my car.

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
IMHO - Yes, it's a Cobra. Just like a '34 Ford 3-window is just that - whether it's fiberglass or steel. Same with a Willys or '32 Ford or whatever...

If the conversation goes farther than that, then you can go into more detail.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Question today at a stoplight...
Will you take $100,000 for it?

My reply:
In a heartbeat
Its a Factory Five

·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With F5's persistent marketing and innovation, the day may soon come when the smiling woman will ask, "Is that a factory five?"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts