Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I know in the past there has been alot of discussion on how to wire the rear tail lights so that all the lights come on by using a trailer harness. Well, I am using the Painless harness and played around with it and did the following. I wired all 4 of the red tail light wires to the brown tail light wires of the harness. This causes all four dim tail lights to be on when headlights are on. I then wired the bottom green(brightest) tail wires to the respective turn signal/brake wire from the painless harness. I then used the painless third brake light wire to connect to the two upper green tail light wires. I have only done a little testing with this setup but it appears ok. I now have all 4 rear lights as running lights and all four go bright as brake lights with the bottom light on each side being a turn signal. Are there any problems with doing it this way? I will try to do further testing soon. I just suck at working on electronics that don't have a keyboard
. I don't want to burn anything up :eek: .

Slowly but surely this thing is coming together. Tonight the hood and trunk go on and then the splash panels. This last bit of stuff takes longer than I thought.

Thanks,
John

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
I'm curious as to what you are using for a turn signal switch.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,253 Posts
Looks good to me...

I'm pretty sure that's how I wired my friends FFR. I'll find out because I'm doing mine over the next week or two.

[ September 04, 2002, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: rlogan ]

·
Senior Charter Member
591 Posts
John,
Sounds good but if I remember correctly that 3rd brake light wire is rather small (18ga) to handle the current for the rear lights. Just a thought...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.