Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Charter Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For someone like me who is going to have their car on the street 99% of the time and on the track maybe 1% of the time, is it really necessary to get the IRS over the new 3 link? Do most people not go with IRS because of the cost or because there is no real advantage unless at the track, or is it just personal prefrence? I am starting to purchase parts now (non-donor) and I am about at the point where I need to decide which way to go. Also, if I am not mistaken, I can bolt the Cobra brake kit right up to the solid axle with no modifications, right? Are the drive shafts that come with the Cobra kit the right length or do I have to get wheels with a different offset? Sorry for all the questions, I kept thinking of more as I was typing. Thanks!

·
Charter Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I guess I will stick to the original plan and go for the IRS. My only real issue is trying to get the correct half shafts and Cobra brakes working with it... I know people have done this, what all is does it take to get this to work???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.