Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,
If you have a IRS pumpkin, what did you use as a case vent? I currently have an unthreaded hole that some 3/16" fuel tubing I have fits perfectly in to. I never checked the threads of the thing and assumed it was 1/8NPT. I was a bit suprised to learn it is not threaded at all.

Many thanks!!

Pic for clicks:

Cobra-0111 by akpingel, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
9,683 Posts
Originally, there is a plastic tube that fits in the hole, I ran a piece of rubber hose from the plastic tube and secured it up under the chassis. Check with Breeze, they may have them. Breeze Automotive Factory Five Racing

Good to see you are using solid mounts on the front of the pumpkin.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I used a pvc fitting with 3/16" threads on one end and a hose barb on the other end. Black permatex to glue the fitting into the housing, run your hose to the chassis.

·
Premium Member
18,256 Posts
The hole in the case is threaded. The fitting from Ford matches the thread on one end, and has a barb on the other end. I managed to break off the plastic barb at some point. The hole in the plastic fitting is just a hair under 3/16", and you can easily tap in a short piece of brake line to replace the broken barb.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My IRS (from Ford racing) came with an aluminum piece which was a press fit into the top of the case. The opposite exposed end had a "barbed" surface to which I attached rubber tubing that came with the kit.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I received my all aluminum center section in March or April 2010 with the complete kit just before Ford had trouble with production of this part. Obviously, they are now back on line with production. The company that made the castings went out of business and the new castings may not be the same??? So, my comments are based on the one I have.

The vent hole is not threaded. It is designed to receive a tapered aluminum vent with a barb on the other end, to receive a tube to run to a small vent filter (I assume it's not just vented open to the air).

My vent came broken off and I ended up drilling it out. This is what came out of my center section.

This is the replacement I received from Tasca Ford. No threads but a taper as described.

I would get whoever you got the center section from to supply you with the proper part. Tasca Ford supplies Ford Racing parts for FFR.

George

·
Premium Member
9,683 Posts
My IRS center section cam from a JY and the hole was not threaded. Ford may have made the part in at least two versions, so you will need to check which one you have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.