Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now with everything else that has gone wrong building this car it looks as if I may need to remove the center section ( pumpkin). Still trying to determine where alittle seepage is coming from.
Have a Mk4 with the old style pumpkin and the ffmetal batt box in trunk.
Looks like there might be enough room to remove, hopefully.
Has anybody removed it with batt box in place. Was installed per instructions so is in normal position recommended by ffmetal.
This is giving me serious heartburn since it would be a major undertaking to remove batt box.
Building this car is not fun anymore as were with the first two.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Rob

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ugh, what a PITB. I also have the earlier IRS set up with the cobra aluminum pumpkin, heavy duty differential cover, and an FF Metal Battery Box. I’m nowhere near complete, but it doesn’t look like there would be a lot of room to finagle that center section down and out of there. It took some work to get it in place the first time.

How far along in your building are you?

·
Charter Member
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Body back from paint in two weeks and all carpeting is done in trunk along with everything else surrounding batt box
Read on a few posts from a few years ago that it can be done but I just want to check if anybody has done it recently.
If you look at box it sits about 3/4" rearward of pumpkin and the pumpkin needs to move forward about 1 1/2" to clear rearward mounts. So I think most of twisting/turning will be forward of rear mount.
Would just like to confirm that someone has recently done it
Thanks Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts