Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but could not find a complete pic. Have I got these on right?

This doesn't look like a tire could fit in here

[ December 12, 2006, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Jeff Benaway ]

·
The Never-Ending Builder
5,329 Posts
Looks like you have the lower arms on upside down, and on the wrong side. This is the correct orientation for pin drive IRS arms.

Hank

·
dreamer turned builder
1,082 Posts
Jeff, is it possible you have Pin drive length IRS and too deep of backspace on the rims?

If those are Halibrand Cobra IIIs, the BS is nearly 7 inches. For the Pin drive set up(if that's what you have) you want rims with 3-4 inches of BS.

I had Pin drive IRS and bought Cobra IIIs, only after did I realize the backspacing would not work. I switched out the control arms for standard length and all is well.

Justin

·
Premium Member
10,485 Posts
I just swapped my fox width control arms for pin width. I had to pay shipping & FFR charged a 15% restock fee.
It was worth it for me for the wheels that I really wanted to use.
If you do switch, too bad we didn't know a week ago, would've saved some money.

Good Luck...

·
Junior Charter Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replying I have the std drive and the cobra III 10.5 on. I am going out to measure the length of control arms and measure my backspacing. If anyone can tell what the length of the control arm is I would appreciate it :D

·
Registered
5,905 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just checked the front the rear control arm is approx 20 inches. My backspace is indeed 7in as Justin said. Can anyone measure their std irs for me , Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
You have them right.

what's the backspacing on those rims?
I have 17x10.5s Bullitts with 335s (315s also fit even better) but I had to install a 1.5" inch spacer. I have STD length.
the BS on my Rear rims is 6.85 :

here's the BIG spacer I am using:
(until I find a set of rims with the correct BS to eliminate it):

SERGIO
---------------------
Ongoing Projects:
"SuperCobra" - 1st of its kind
"Double Displacement" - '03 GT into '87 Stang

·
Junior Charter Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry guys I was getting ahead of myself.I was fitting the rim on without the rotor I am sure it will fit :D Thanks to Hoof hearted it sounds like you have my exact setup which reassures me.
Sergio and Convincor thanks also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts