Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was attaching the rear IRS spindles to the LCAs today and noticed a major problem with the arms. First of all, I had to hammer the ears straight (they were warped inwards from the welding). Once I did that I was able to get the spindle between the ears, but the front ears are not even close to being aligned with the rear ears. The pictures below explain it all...

To get the bolts in, I have put one bolt in, manhandle to spindle to get the other hole close to lined up, and hammer the other bolt in. Unacceptable! Kinda tough to pivot on two different axes.

I'm going to talk to FFR on Monday but in the mean time, I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem. I'm guessing the LCA jig is bad as both arms have the identical misalignment. This would imply that there are a bunch of arms out there with the exact same issue...

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I had the same problem with FFR2521. I had to send them back. The new ones were much better, but still not perfect. The warpage from welding is understandable, but not sure why the jig can't keep the holes lined up.

Craig

·
5,573 Posts
yikes! thats off quite a bit. I know you check spindles for true by doing a similar thing through the lower holes....that isn't right. I had issues with the threads locking on the heims and had to send one back...they shipped the right one as soon as I contacted vs waiting to get mine back.

·
Charter Member
692 Posts
That is enough to throw the Toe way off forcing you to adjust the heims way to far. Be sure to call FFR.

This isn't the first time I have seen something like that as their QC kinda sucks if you ask me. However, I'm sure they'll take care of you. Just a pain in the ass to send stuff back and forth.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Once again FFR steps up to the plate. Got an e-mail from Mark Weber first thing this morning to say they will be replaced ASAP. Also talked to Steve Dutton by phone (since the e-mail went to my home e-mail and I didn't see it until tonight). Same answer.

Thanks to Mark, Steve, and the whole Factory Five team.

Thank you,
Greg Mrozek

[ May 11, 2004, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: Arachnyd ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts