Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing Cobra brakes on a Mark VIII IRS system. The E cable connects from the bottom to the bracket. The cable did not fit the hole in the caliper and FF5 said to enlarge the hole.

I am having a problem routing the E cable from the brake back to the E brake handle.

Does anyone have pictures of how they routed? I did a search but did not find any pictures.

·
Senior Charter Member
509 Posts
I forget the part number, but you want the Ford Racing e-brake cable from Forte's, Max at Five Star, Breeze, etc.,...any of them will have it. It will fit better in the caliper than the T-bird cable, but will need to be grinded at the shank to fit up against the adaptor bracket.

The routing is awkward...down out of the caliper through the middle of the IRS knuckle, back up through the LCA, tied to the UCA bracket and the rest per the manual...it ain't pretty. HTH

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,235 Posts
Here's how I did mine...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Dan, why is it that your E cable is mounted from the top to the caliper and not through the bottom? Are yours T-bird calipers. Mine is 11.65 rotors with 87-94 calipers supplied by FFR for the complete kit. The cable attached from underneath on mine.

·
Speed-crazed and Confused
2,357 Posts
Bhan...
his are t-bird calipers....the complete kit comes with Cobra calipers and use an adapter bracket to mount......

My cables come out the bottom (after a little reaming of the mount) alonf the rear arm of the lower LCA....through the A-shaped brace for the upper control arm....to the rear mount.

Once through the rear mount, they go UNDER the 4" tube to the t-bracket of the handle.

Pill the pin in the handle and the slack will ratchet in.

HTH

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts