Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you supposed to squeeze the two ears together till they contact the washers, or is there some trick to get all those washers in so you don't have to bend the ears?

The manual says to put an equal number of washers on the front side of the heim joint on both SIDES of the car, some have suggested that FFR meant both sides of the HEIM, but it makes more sense to me to equalize control arm angles on each side of the car. It also appears extremely difficult if not impossible to get the same number of washers on each side of each Heim.
I just wanna get my rear as close to aligned as possible before I get too much further, It looks like it'll be a real PITA to add/remove washers and or turn that heim after the body's on...

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Giff,
I used the rubber IRS seals from Breeze. It seals up the heim and also makes this part easier b/c you use a lot fewer spacer washers. I was able to get an even amount on each side, and put as many is I could fit without having to forece them in there.
Raul

·
Charter Member
349 Posts
What you will discover is that when you do the IRS alignment the spacers will change. My opinion is get it close for now and when you do the alignment get equal number side to side. Also don't bother with tightening everything down, it all has to be done again at alignment.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
You might want to contact Craig Hassler (Rocket Scientist) and see if he has any adjustable control arm kits left. I have them and boy did that make adjusting them easier!

Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts