Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have some clearance issues on the driver's side IRS control arms. Lower control arm is very close to frame, causing tire to rub against sheet metal. Passenger side is perfect, no clearance issues at all. I have 7 washers on the front side, 1 in rear to move it back, still not enough. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Z

·
FFCobra Fanatic
774 Posts
Unscrew the front Heim joint and screw in the rear heim joint effectivly lengthening the front leg and shortening the rear leg. This will change the front/rear angle of the lower arm. You should check the wheel base (length) front to back as you do each side. Depending on tire size they may still rub on the panel at full suspension compression.
Sean

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,626 Posts
You are definitely not aligned yet. Put an equal number of washers on each side of the front heim. Then adjust the heims so that you have about a 1/4-3/8 clearance between the control arm and the frame, 3/8 may be too much. It is really close when properly set. I did the same as you when I first set control arms in place. One other thing, you do have the shock tabs below the control arms don't you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts