Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FFR says put it in the trunk. I would rather not. What are my options? Has anyone put it in the upper trunk recessed into the trunk floor between the 3/4 inch frame tubes with an access panel in the floor?

thanks for your help.

Dick

·
Registered
2,048 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dick,
Did exactly like you suggested. I was concerned with an enclosed battery box so constructed mine from 1" aluminum angle. I popped the aluminum together with industrial strength 3/16" stainless rivets. Looks and feels sturdy enough. I mounted the battery cutoff just forward on rear of passenger compartment and routed #2 battery cable through passenger compartment directly through to starter (seems simplier for non-efi.) Welded fore and aft braces for angle aluminum to attach to (see Forrest's setup) and cut aluminum hatch and attached with thread-serts. I have some pics in album 2 on Webshots.

Don
FFR2546

·
Registered
539 Posts
Dick, Get it out of the trunk! Forrest did a great job, as has many others. I hung it in the area where the non-IRS guys do it. No trap door, harder to get to, but hey, it's been there for three years without a problem!

If I did it again, I'd put it over the passenger's footbox with one of those fancy trays sold by FFCars advertisers and use an Optima battery.

Have fun.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Check out the box Breeze Automotive offers for mounting on passenger side footbox. Very clean and shortens up your cables.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.