Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 302 pulled from a 1995 Mustang GT donor with around a 150k on the odometer. When I cleaned up the back of the block to check the VIN it is either stamped really light or it is not there. Is there a way to make the stamp show up? If this was a Ford remanufactured engine would it have a number and would a carfax report show this? What will happen if I can not make the number show when I visit the CHP?
Thanks Paul Gwizdak

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Paul, Nothing happens. Mine had only 3 visible numbers and my paper work from the wrecking yard was of little help. It stated "Ford 302 core block", that was it. The CHP officer looked at my receipts and FFR paperwork and said, "wait in the lobby I'll be done in 10 minutes". That was it.
Don't sweat it, just bring a positive attitude and it will all work out.
Michael S.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Paul at best you can barely see the stamping on the block. I used brake clean and laquer thinner to scub the block clean of all paint and dirt. Once clean take a white paint stick and color across the stamping then quickly wipe off with a clean paper towel. This can leave the numbers high lighted with the white paint making it stand out more.

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
I have a Ford Motorsport block, no VIN or anything, except the cast in part number.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Paul,
I had the exact same experience as Michael S.
Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts