Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ol'Carb guy, as week-end FFR warrior, found that TFI power source from EEC is source of intermittent No Start status. Now OCGAWFW needs direction from TFI pins to EEC, or how do I check the harness between the two? Ignition coil, wires, Distributor, Rotor, spark plugs, and fuel and fuel pressure all check out fine. Battery charge at 12+volts - how do I know -- keeps running down if ignition off but Emergency cutoff switch left on and I have to recharge battery. Why? Next electric trouble spot to work on.
Thanks for any help!! this has been going on now for way too many weekends!! :cool:

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Possibly a bad battery charge to proper voltage (12.6v) and load test at 200 amps for 10 seconds if it drops below the batt is toast . As far as the eec /tfi problem git a wiring diagram and test the wire for continuity I suspect a loose pin or connector. Start (sorry) with the battery and grounds . Use a multimeter to test for draw between - bat post and - batt cable CAUTION most multimeters have a 10amp max draw before they blow the internal fuse . If you think its a large draw use an amp probe. Bob

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Bob. Never 'spoke' to anyone from
Gilligan's Island but I was a Pirate on a G-Island float in Key West.
Earlier batt was toast, so it was replaced about 3 months ago. Needs to be tested, you're right.
I have tested al from batt to TFI and settled on the #4 pin. Will check that out from TFI to EEC next.
:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts