Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on eBay.

May not fit everyone's taste, but it looks like it was well put together, has plenty of pictures and looks to have someone interested at a price of 36k (and reserve not met).

Nice to see someone getting a good price for an FFR...not sure what they have in it though.

·
Registered
603 Posts
not my style, don't like that stripe at all.

·
4,318 Posts
They forgot to finish the stripe

·
Dreamer
1,222 Posts
"For the guy who cant make up his mind on stripes/no stripes"...

Different. Thats for sure.

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Nicely put together, but could use a pair of Herb's door panels.

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
Different, but looks like a nicely put together Roadster.

·
Premium Member
10,473 Posts
It's gonna have some serious rattles coming from the trunk. The panels are just screwed down. Hopefully he put some silicon down to help out.

The Cobra doesn't do much for me, but I sure would like to have some of the other cars sitting around on the showroom floor.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Guess he couldn't decide on a stripe or not so he just did half of one. Anyone else think it is weird to have the fuse box in the engine compartment?

·
MK3#4671
415 Posts
I'm actually surprised it's already at $36,888 w/ RESERVE NOT MET! :eek:

-dave

·
Senior Charter Member
710 Posts
I agree with Stinson, I would rather have the other cars in the collection. The stripe for me is take it or leave it.

·
Banned
2,213 Posts
Just goes to show why you shouldn't sell here on the forum.

He's almost at $40k. The general public likes these cars. Alot!

·
Registered
299 Posts
WOW. That looks bad. Really, really bad.

Check out the main fuse block under the hood on the firewall, and the rear trunk aluminum that's screwed on!

·
Senior Charter Member
703 Posts
I have always thought the stripe on a Cobra made the car but an asymmetrical design and then not tapered, I don’t like. Even if you bought this car and laid out the other side to paint, it’s so wide and not tapered it would never look good. Since the builder Deluxe Customs has their logo also painted on the trunk another great looking Cobra style I think at 36K they are already way ahead of what a real Cobra enthusiast would pay. This thread should also be followed by the resent two guys who would like to start building Cobras for a profit.

[ September 29, 2007, 04:45 AM: Message edited by: CobraDan ]

·
Over Engineerer
2,921 Posts
I'm also surprized it's above 36K. Kinda plain Jane and for that much $ you would think it would come with both stripes.
:eek:

That car has a bunch of upgrades driving the price up. Chrome bar, ceramic pipes, baer brakes all around, aeromotive injection, MSD ignition, lawewood housing & centerforce clutch, milodon pan, wipers, over riders.

Sure it has some stuff I'd pick at (the dash layout and the lip under the dash look bad), but it's definatly not plain jane.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts