Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This article shows a shootout between all the most popular intakes on the market. I couldn't believe that the GT-40 intake beats all of the other intakes up to around 5,500 RPM. So, unless you are in need of continuing power up to 7,000 then the GT-40 looks like the way to go. It seems to me that there is a lot of controversy over which intakes perform the best for certain applications. I thought this article might help answer some questions. It certainly did for me. http://musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/173_0101_super/index.html

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just trying to share what i find. I am new to Fords and i will admit that i have no idea what makes the best horsepower on a 302, 351, etc. and so on. I am not trying to put a wad in anyones panties.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,941 Posts
One manifold the often gets overlooked is the stock Explorer manifold. They flow almost as well as the GT40, and you can pick one up dirt cheap on eBay.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,038 Posts
450 HP and 447 lb. ft. torque from the GT-40. Nice from a NA small block with a 6600 RPM limit. Cam had a lot of lift and duration. Compression 11.5 to 1. I wonder what numbers with 10.5 to 1 and more street friendly cam.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Thanks for posting the link. Very interesting reading.

Craig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts