Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if medical claims are paid out differently to the driver of a 'classic' car. Not sure if FF counts as 'classic' or not.
Here is what I'm envisioning. Someone rear ends me while I'm in my FFR roadster. No head rest, I get a little bit of the whiplash. Insurance company of the other driver turns around and says tough noogies, you were driving a car with out of date safety equipment. Is that a thing that could happen? I guess anything could happen....so the better question, is that likely to happen?

·
Registered
367 Posts
If you have any legal questions, you really should talk to a lawyer.

With that said, anything is possible. Going down these "what ifs" will lead to not driving any car. I mean your logic on not driving a classic car could also be for any car not having all of the safety items on a new car. That would lead to brand new cars or nothing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have any legal questions, you really should talk to a lawyer.

With that said, anything is possible. Going down these "what ifs" will lead to not driving any car. I mean your logic on not driving a classic car could also be for any car not having all of the safety items on a new car. That would lead to brand new cars or nothing.
Good point. It was one of those 'shower thoughts' I had. I don't preoccupy my mind with such things. Although, the way you've phrased it I could see a production car company playing to people's fears about not having the latest safety equipment therefore you need to lease the latest model. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts