Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wipers going on today. Are you all happy with the measurements that FFR provided for wiper location? Tips, advice? Thanks,
Doug

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Doug,

I just put my wipers in a couple weeks ago. I dropped the body on and mounted the gear boxes in the holes then with the dash off did all the tubing and cable cutting. The car isn't here right now so I can't double check but I think the measurments that came with the wiper assy were just a little off. I didn't want the gear boxes not to line up after I dropped the body on.

Mike M.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,920 Posts
I used the dimensions in the instructions and it worked great. I did find the if I reversed the wiper directions so they parked on the drivers side they wiped the portion of the windshield that I was interested in looking through. :rolleyes: (I do actually drive in the rain and rely mostly on a good coat of RainX)

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
http://www.ffcars.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/081384.html#000000

1. you still probably need to open the holes for where the wiper nubs go thru the body.

2. the rubber angled cut spacers are probably off. cut your own. see my post above.

3. if you have a heater, be careful where you mount the wiper motor.

4. i needed an extra pad behind the wiper motor to keep it in place.

5. i thought it was cool that i saw someone with just one wiper on the driver's side. consider it if you don't use it much.

6. consider just one wiper speed for simpler wiring.

·
Charter Member
2,035 Posts
I did it exactly the way Huckleberry5 did and it worked out well for me. HTH.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Had to adjust the holes themself but location was fine. couple things I found usefull when installing
Replace the rubber beveled hose with a piece of pvc pipe. Gives a more solid mount.
Remove the gear from the wheel box. Braze the gear to the post or stake it with a center punch.
The gear will strip and slip sooner or later if not doing this.
Smooth bends in the tubeing with perfect flares on the ends.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts