Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When installing a tonnaue cover, I assume that you drill a pilot hole for the self tapping studs. What size pilot hole? Any other suggestions?

Tom

·
Junior Charter Member
1,315 Posts
if my memory serves me, the drill size was 3/16".

remember, MEASURE TWICE, DRILL ONCE!!

good luck

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
Whatever size you may use , torque them slowly...they are soft and WILL break off in the hole...If you get too much resistance , go to the next larger drill size...You might use a numbered drill so the step-up is smaller.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Use stainless studs and drill a 5/32 hole. Before marking the location of the holes cover the paint job or gell coat with blue tape. Center the tonneau above the dash and make sure the roll bar holes are lined up as well. THEN drill the first two holes above the dash. THEN streach the tonneau aft and center and mark the holes. THEN drill the center hole aft.

This takes two people about 15 minutes.

Our tonneaus only have one stud on the front of each door and will keep water and dirt out of the FFR even when towing on the trailer, like I did to St. Louis and back to San Diego.

There will be many cars at Knotts with our tonneaus incuding Al Solamkos FFR 1224 that will have one installed at the Kit Car Show.

Roger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts