Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am to the point of fitting/installing the windshield before I tear down everything to take to paint. Does anyone had some ideas/personal opinions on how it should be done. I know the angle is addressed quiet frequently and can deal with that. I was wondering if the dash has to be off when the windshield is installed the last time? Any other comments or concerns I should be aware of would be most appreciated!
Thanks,
Tony

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Tony,
I've seen it done with 2 people and it made it a whole lot easier. Also, if you are goint to replace the brass strips and screws it comes with with something like the steel ones that LarryD sells, now is the time. I'm not sure on the angle yet either. I'll let you do it first :D

Also, something else I found out for test fitting the body is that you want to be sure to mock up the front splash guards in the front. They will affect the angle that the body sits on the sidepipes.
Raul

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
Hood off....(for sure)...But the passenger side bolts are accessed from the front(top) , and the driver
side bolts are accessed through the frame hole to the left and below the steering wheel...
I have had the windshield on and off twice with the dash in place , with no problems.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone,
Bil1024..I am concerned that I cannot get my dash back in when the body is on. Very, very tight against dash material.

J_B..I have had the s/s pieces for over six months; I just opened the windshield box last night so I now know where they go.

Mr. Barry..Glad to here I might be able to get it done with dash installed. It's going to be tight under the steering wheel, lots of wires & cables in that area.
Tony

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I would sand the inside edges of the passenger side gill hole. I reached through that hole to get to the W/S post on the passenger side. I realized after the fact that I had done a real scrape job on my arm.

btw - after two or three times with help, doing it by yourself is not too bad. Keep the packing box materials handy for a safe place to put it down. I did mine without seats so you can stand in the car - you do not want to trip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts