Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a diagram of a tranny, clutch, throw out bearing flywheel ect. Like you see on instructions they blow it out showing each in order seperate?

The repair manual I have is of little help and I don't have the luxury of comparing to the old set up, rather going from scratch with all new parts putting everything to together and mate it to the 302 motor.

Being I have never installed a tranny, bellhousing, clutch, flywheel ect I think a diagram or picture would help.

Any suggestions?

I tried doing the search option here but it didn't help.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I recommend investing in the service manual for the year motor you are using. I bought the Ford one for my 96 and it had all the diagrams in it. You can get them on ebay.

·
Registered
267 Posts
To clarify...I meant to say buy the real Ford shop manual.

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
Here is an example...

2FAST

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
NV Joker:
It's not as hard as you think.
I would start with making sure you have your engine block plate installed ,then attach your flywheel and if it's new be sure to use some brakekleen on it ,clean the disc and the pressure plate also.
If you pilot bearing is not installed do it now ,if the old one is still there you can rent a puller from auto stores and remove it.
Clean the bore of the pilot bearing and install the new one with an appropriate size socket,tap it flush.
Do not add additional grease to the pilot bearing unless instructed to do so.
Next line up you clutch disc and center it with locating tool that came with the disc and place it on the flywheel,be sure the correct side faces the flywheel( it's marked ).
Now you can attach the pressure plate and be sure the locating pins (3) are in place and slowly tighten a little at a time to evenly seat the pressure plate.
Torque to spec.
Mount the throwout bearing onto the clutch fork and install it onto the pivot bolt and input shaft of the trans.
Slowly pull the bellhousing to the engine,remove the alignment tool and push the trans so the input shaft starts to enter the pressure plate,if you meet resistance turn the front damper a little and you should get everything to line up DO NOT force the trans on with the bolts,it should go in on it's own.
When everything is sandwiched together run up you bellhousing to engine bolts and you should be good to go.
Hope it helps,Good luck!
Paul M.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
Anyone have the torque specs for the various bolts for a 302 install or is the shop manual page posted somewhere? Something similar to the above Toyota Tacoma posting would help NVJoker and others, I'm sure.

-SB

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Nope.
But remember to put the locating dowls on either side of the engine block; helps hold up the block plate.

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
One thing to remember, if you are using a stock or stock replacement flywheel on a 5.0, the pressure plate to flywheel bolts are metric. The flywheel to crankshaft bolts are SAE. John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.