Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock inner boot is torn and I'll need a new one to use on my Pro 5.0 shifter. The instructions show how to trim the boot so it fits over the stop ring. Does this work well? It looks like quite a stretch. Are there any other options?

[ November 02, 2006, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: Buckeye ]

·
1,595 Posts
Someone makes an inner boot for the 5.0 shifter, but I can't remember who it was. Maybe a search would turn something up.
I just found the boot. It is the one used on the Hurst billet/plus shifter. It will fit down over the ring on the pro 5.0 shifter.
Bill G

[ November 01, 2006, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Bill G ]

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Mike Forte supplied one with my T5Z and its a bit of a stretch but fits over the Pro 5.0 no problem
Steve

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Forte told me he has used a CV joint boot for that so thats what I did. I cut it so it stuck up about a 1/4" above the trany tunnel alum. and then put the decorative boot over it. Should keep most of the dirt out.

·
Charter Member
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mancunian- did you trim the new boot or just stretch it over the ring?

Mike- did Forte's sell you the CV boot? What vehicle is it for?

·
Charter Member
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
1,595 Posts
Buckeye,
I just did the search, but you beat me to it. I used that cover and it is good fit.

Bill G

·
5,559 Posts
I made one out of the stock mustang one, with a tie wrap to hold the bottom to the shifter ring, but had to remove it because it was making the shifter pop out of gear occasionally. For what it's worth, I've never seen any trace of dirt, or water in the top of my Steeda Triax, even though I worried about it initially.

Brian

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
My T5Z came with a boot fitted and I can't tell if its a CV joint boot or not. It does have a thick rubber tab on one side at the edge that goes over the shifter,
Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts