Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In reading the FFR manual, it doesn't provide much info. From other posts I have figured out "how" to change the front and rear height. What I haven't figured out is what spec to use and where to measure it. I have stock 302, stock Mustang rear suspension, solid axle, FFR adjustable front upper control arms with the new coilovers, and Mustang lower control arms, Mustang turbines with 235/60-15's in front, 255/60-15's in rear.

1) I have seen a number of people refer to 4.5 inches as what they are using. Is that the correct height for normal street use and what I have?
2)where do I measure that height? Is it at the bottom of the tubular Frame? or somewhere else? Is it the same measurement front and rear?

Thanks much,
Bill

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I did what Earl said. I can't believe the number of uses I have found for the blocks!
I take my measurement from the bottom of the 4" round tube to the floor. I just adjusted the rear this past weekend. I used Wade Cs technique of unbolting the rear of the lower control arm. It worked but is still a PITA. I have the ride height set a 4.5" all around but I find that the rear end sits a little higher than I like.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,997 Posts
I only remember this because I just finished re-adjusting ride height. It's on page 51 of the manual. The manual recommends 4.75" in the rear for 275/50/15s and 5.75" rear height for 255/60/15s. I have 255/60/15s and 5.75 is too high. There's not much slack in the limiting cable. 4.5" is probably not enough and you'll rub the fenderwell when you hit a dip. I think 5" is about ideal for the 255s. Height is measured from the bottom of the 4" tubes to the floor.

·
985 Posts
I kept re-adjusting mine up 1/4 inch at a time until it would clear the speed bumps that I go over daily. It ended up around 5 inches.

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
I started at 4.5" with the same tire combo and the rear rubbed, so I went to 4.75" in the rear and it was better. Good luck.

·
Senior Charter Member
480 Posts
It also helps alot if you run the rear a little higher then the front; about 1/2" will help in handling at speed. (If your front is 4", then the rears should be 4 1/2") Be sure to leave the lower control arm bolts loose until the car is sitting on the ground, then tighten. Good luck, Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts