Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the weather up this way was decent enough to take the car out for a spin with the winter mods. Some of them were functional:

new ebrake
new fuel tank
new remote oil filter assembly
full new weatherstripping
change speedo gear
install 12v power source for Sirius radio

some were cosmetic:

new heat shields
wind wings
visors
chrome roll bar bezels
brake vent covers

some were for fun:
kenne bell 2.2l 6psi supercharger
70mm throttle body (to replace stock)

I have not dynoed the car yet, but I figure I'm making about 290-300 rwhp. I can't figure out how you guys with 400+ hp can keep these things straight. Granted the roads are a little sandy, but basically first and second gear are now useless. Wheel spin is available at any time. I was cruising in 4th gear and the throttle response had me checking to see if I was in second. I'm not kidding, its kind of scary.

Of course I realize it didn't happen if there are no pictures, but it would just be another picture of a dirty blue FFR so I didn't bother.

·
Senior Charter Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The radio is for the daily commute when there is some stop and go traffic. I found myself not choosing the cobra because I wanted to listen to Howard Stern in the morning. I know that sounds crazy, but the guy cracks me up, what can I say.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,050 Posts
I agree, Howard is rude, crude , and sometimes nasty. I also have to say I listened all the time before he went satellite radio. He is a funny guy.

·
FFR Master Builder
4,170 Posts
Glad to here you got it up and running again. the supercharger is cool to have. You will learn to work with the throttle and get the tires to grab better, but you can bust those tire loose when ever you want ;)

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
Nice list, will be like a whole different car in the spring.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
This the first time for driving with wind wings? I found adding those to make a very big improvement on cutting down wind noise. I believe the first mods done should be anything that will make 1st and 2nd gear useless because of too much power. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.