Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed in the manual and on other people's cars that there mounting the Inertia cut off switch in the trunk visible on the drivers side. Is there a reason for this? I'm wondering why someone wouldn't mount it to the frame near the gas tank or something? Does it get tripped often or something?

·
4,013 Posts
Only had to reset mine once, after going over quite a bump, where my bellhousing hit the road (and scared the daylights out of me). Took me a few minutes to realize why the car died and would not start. Should have been simple with no fuel pump noise. It was mounted on drivers side trunk, near the rear of the car.

Henry

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
You can put it anywhere you want.I think that most people just follow the manual when it comes to mounting it.No it does'nt get tripped often(unless you do some heavy off roading or if you get in alot of accidents).You do want some kind of access to it in the event it does ever get tripped.Remember it is an electrial component so you want to keep it out of the elements.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok great got it. Thnx guys :D

·
Junior Charter Member
363 Posts
I have a switch on my dash for the fuel pump and a relay to power the pump. Is there any reason why I can't install the inertia switch inline with the on/off switch and mount it near the fuse box in the drivers footbox?

drew

·
Senior Charter Member
1,665 Posts
Drew,

Just be sure to mount it to the frams and not the aluminum panel. The sheet matal will flex a lot possibly causing false triggers or stopping it from triggering when you want it to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.