Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am strongly considering buying the kit but would like to read the manual cover-to-cover first.

If anyone has a used/new/extra manual for the GTM for a fair price I would greatly appreciate it.

Please PM me.

Thanks,

Dustin Moore
no FFR accolades...yet!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still looking for a manual

It looks like FF is going to be my only opti0n for the manual unless someone can pull through. If I place a deposit do they allow a "grace" period just to see if this project will be possible for the prospective builder without actually purchasing anything.cI know this may be a stretch but I dont want to spend the money if I do not have the skils to complete the build.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Dustin

·
Registered
562 Posts
I am a relative newbie to the GTM and I just got my car back in May. The manual from FF is $50 and you could get this applied to a purchase if you decide to buy - you don't have to jump to a deposit. The manual may help you make your decision, but keep in mind it is only a guide. You need to have mechanical skills and you are going to need to research what you don't know. Most everything has been talked about on this site (a few things I have been figuring out on my own - but typically you can find it here). I have done a lot of modification and work on cars throughout my life, but in the first month, I must admit I was a little bit intimidated. That has faded and now I am just enjoying the build - which is why I bought the kit in the first place.

If you want more confidence before buying in, look into the FF build schools. They don't have them for the GTM, but they have a Roadster and Hot Rod school. Although these kits are not as complex as the GTM, this would give you a good taste of what you are in for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2 cents

I just received the manual yesterday and I can give you a little insight. I'm in the same place you are right now. I have been researching and trying to decide whether or not to go forward. I believe the manual is a great investment either way. There will be several people like you that want to see the manual first so if your fork out the $60 (50 + shipping) you will have a much greater amount of knowledge before you decide. The manual has also been updated since Nov. of 2008 so buying an old one may not be as helpful as the newer one from FF.

I can tell you reading the manual is a bit intimidating. The manual WILL NOT give you every single step by step but it is a good guide to help you through so you don't miss anything. The amount of hours to build one of these varies greatly but unless you have a few people on hand and a nicely stocked garage and lift expect at the very least 1000 hrs to build. If I'm off on that than someone please correct me but some have taken closer to 2000 hrs to build it.

Bottom line- I am still reading and researching but I may have a manual for you in the next week if I decide to pass on this. I will pm you if I have one available next week.

Grant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts