Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Advisor
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a hydroboost/master cylinder combo to go with my pedal box on my car from Cardone. They came from a 1996 Cobra Mustang.

Turns out, they don't come with the pushrod, spring, or spring retainer for the hydroboost (it goes inbetween the HB/MC, not the one through the firewall for the pedal box/HB). These parts cannot be found ANYWHERE!

Rock Auto, Summit, LPS, Breeze, Forte, brake parts manufacturers, mustang parts/car dealers, enthusiasts, local junk yards, eBay, etc...

I've found the used HB a couple of times, but then I have to buy the unit for those small parts and it's about $100.

My one hope is I heard from one Mustang wrecker in Georgia, that they had a guy call about this same thing for his kit, they pulled the part and then when they went to ship it he said he found someone who sells them. I cannot find this retailer. Am I lucky enough to have that previous caller reading this and let me know where they found it? Or does someone else know?

I spoke with Mike Forte on the phone, but he needs me to ship the units to him. To and back shipping will be too much.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

·
Advisor
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To add, the wrecker in Georgia said after this, they no longer pull that part. As it is small return for a lot of work. They only send the whole unit.

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts
I feel your pain. I’ve heard of others who ended up with this problem. I don’t know why, but when I bought my new hydrobooster from Five Star Ford a few years back, it came complete with pushrod.
I would continue hunting for a used hydrobooster to scavenge the pushrod from. eBay can be a decent source for what you need too.
You could try these guys:

hydratechbraking.com

Sean

·
Premium Member
17,944 Posts
There's nothing magical about the factory parts. It's just a short rod with rounded ends. Get a grade 5 bolt and make one.

Same thing with the spring. Ace hardware has a whole drawer full of springs.

·
Advisor
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's nothing magical about the factory parts. It's just a short rod with rounded ends. Get a grade 5 bolt and make one.

Same thing with the spring. Ace hardware has a whole drawer full of springs.
Do you know the sizes?

·
Premium Member
17,944 Posts
I do not. My set up is very different. But that seems to be a fairly common set up. Maybe some one here knows or can find out for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts