Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FFR Builder
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I am installing my windshield wipers today. I enlarged the hole that FFR drilled so that the wheel box drive fits up through the hole. The problem that I am having is that the angle of the rubber spacer on the under side is much different than the angle of the chrome ferrule on the top side. See pics.

They should be the same angle right? My thought was to cut the rubber to match the chrome piece. Any advice??? Thanks, Dave

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
4,481 Posts
I changed mine to a phenolic block that someone here sells. Breeze, Finishline or someone. The FFR supplied rubber part was at the wrong angle and the phenolic or some kind of plastic part I bought worked well. Do a vendor search. I'll look as well.

·
3,217 Posts
I had to grind the rubber piece to get the correct angle. Worked out fine after that.

·
FFR Builder
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I will just replace the piece on the underside and work with the angle of the chrome ferrule. Thanks for all of the help. Dave

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
make'em yourself.....pvc pipe.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Used PVC pipe. Hold the pipe next to the chrome ferrel and you'll notice the pcv pipe needs to be cut at a 45* angle to match. Any trimming of the pipe to get a good fit will be done on the flat/square end. Don't recut the 45* end.
You'll need to use a round file or dremmel to enlongate the holes in body for a good angled fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.