Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Charter Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not pass up the $1000 rebate any longer. Delivery will be in Febuary, by my request. I think this will be the third FFR in the Tulsa area.

Now to get serious about the donor.

This is going to be a long winter.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,852 Posts
Welcome to the party. See the recent post about the donor on E-bay.
Cheers
TEC

·
3,645 Posts
I took Feb as well so I can find and kill a donor. we'll have to keep in touch of our progress

Mike

·
3,645 Posts
I took Feb as well so I can find and kill a donor. we'll have to keep in touch of our progress

Mike

·
Charter Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NFS,

Do you already have an engine? I'm finishing up a 327 stroked engine.

·
3,645 Posts
have not found a worthy mustang to kill yet. but I am definately going 347 stroked. I'll figure out how to drive it later....

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,918 Posts
Did they have later dates then feb? I would love to save the $1k but dont have the space for it just yet.
p.s. im selling a 342 stroker kit. same thing, stock bore.

·
3,645 Posts
Feb was it. I was originally going to order stage1 and then 2 when ready- but that is 1,000 extra and extra shipping,plus 1k discount. So it ended up being a 3k swing to positive for me.

the wife looked at me accross the dinner table and said "WHAT did you buy today", I said "am I grinning that much?"

·
Administrator,
879 Posts
Congrats! I don't know how you guys can wait so long to take delivery. The few weeks I waited drove me crazy.

Galt

·
Charter Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just needed a little time to get the money lined out and my garage isn't heated.

TODAY sounds great.... Its not going to happen.

I think I can keep busy.

NFS,
I don't know if you are planning on building the engine yourself or not. But, if you are, (Brian)[email protected] can get Scat parts a little cheaper than most. This is his after-work job. I bought some of the rotating assembly through him. E-bay had some great deals on Scat forged cranks in the early spring ($200 for a 327/331). I guess the safer way to go on a 347 would be to buy a short block.

Ed Curtis [email protected] has earned high respect for his custom cams in the Mustang relm. I have one of his sticks, but the engine and now Cobra :rolleyes: is not ready for it. This is another guy that does this as an evening job. The down side is that he takes for ever and only accepts money orders.

Do you plan on doing your own body work? I'm going to give it a try. One of the reasons I started doing this type of thing is to learn/experience.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Galt, I hear you.
I ordered with delivery for November so I could just get a few things lined up (garage ready, money, etc) but it's only been 2 weeks and I can hardly wait!!

Bryan, you'll see what I'm talking about, 2 weeks from today, when your mind is all set for the expense, you'll be wanting it NOW!!! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.