Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to install my oil filter relocator and the o-ring is too big around. I'm I missing something?

Dave

·
Senior Charter Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put the o-ring in the freezer over night and it is closer but still too big. I guess I just need to go get a new one. No big deal just a pain.

Dave

·
Senior Charter Member
564 Posts
I pressed it in place and carefully turned it into place. Once the O-ring contacted the engine surface it stayed in place. No issues so far but the correct o-ring or better yet the rectangular gasket from NAPA mentioned here would improve the situation.

Oil Relocator O-ring

-Perry

·
Senior Charter Member
474 Posts
I actually stuck mine on with High Tack gasket sealer. I think it would have worked except the adapter was leaking through the casting and I replaced the gasket with the square cut NAPA part before I realized that. The NAPA gasket does fit much better though.

·
Senior Charter Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still can't get the thing to work. I went to NAPA and told them I need the o-ring and gave them the part number. The guy says that isn't a good number. So we look to see if they have something that will work - NOTHING. Well I decide to move on to something else and come back to this later. I try to screw the nipples into the part that mounts the filter and they will just barely start and get so tight I can't turn them with a wrench while holding the thing. The piece that mounts to the motor they screw into easily. Any suggestions here? I hate to buy a new one. That is $50 I should not have to spend.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.