Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, everyone! I've been away for a few years, but I'm back to the point where I want to start researching my 2nd FFR build.

Greg Branham, here. I was very active on the forum when it was under previous ownership. I built a MkIII back in 2005, sold it in 2008, got divorced, bought a Corvette (2008 C6), sold it, and just bought a new 2012 Corvette Grand Sport. I haven't been gone long enough to forget the rivalry you all have with Corvette folk, but I'm still in love with everything Ford, and especially the FFR, so don't hate me too much for owning a Bowtie.

Thinking about Wayne-turboed Boss 302, IRS, TKO, Pin Drive, with Power Steering and Power Brakes. Targeting 700HP. Excessive? Absolutely, but my last one was 340HP, and it just wasn't insane enough. My Grand Sport, at 430HP, is the sane car. I need something that will scare me every time I get in it. :)

Good to be back,

Greg

·
Registered
796 Posts
Good afternoon, everyone! I've been away for a few years, but I'm back to the point where I want to start researching my 2nd FFR build.

Greg Branham, here. I was very active on the forum when it was under previous ownership. I built a MkIII back in 2005, sold it in 2008, got divorced, bought a Corvette (2008 C6), sold it, and just bought a new 2012 Corvette Grand Sport. I haven't been gone long enough to forget the rivalry you all have with Corvette folk, but I'm still in love with everything Ford, and especially the FFR, so don't hate me too much for owning a Bowtie.

Thinking about Wayne-turboed Boss 302, IRS, TKO, Pin Drive, with Power Steering and Power Brakes. Targeting 700HP. Excessive? Absolutely, but my last one was 340HP, and it just wasn't insane enough. My Grand Sport, at 430HP, is the sane car. I need something that will scare me every time I get in it. :)

Good to be back,

Greg
Glad to see you back! I still have all the email you sent back helping me with all the questions I had way back when. :001_tongue:

Can't wait to see your next build!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome back Greg,,,

I stopped by your house years ago,,,and checked out your red roadster,,,That sound keeps me going,,,lol,,

Regards

Paul

·
Not a waxer
12,092 Posts
In fact, it looks like all the "usual suspects" are still here.
Well, all but one (and his aliases) but we won't go there again ;)

Cheers,
Jeff

·
Junior Charter Member
270 Posts
Greg,

We both recieved our kits about the same time. I'm obviously not as motivated to finish as you were, as I am still not finished with mine. I always enjoyed reading your posts and following your build. Welcome back, and I am looking forward to reading about your next build.

Paul

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Welcome! 700 hp in one of these cars is insane, but just right . Roger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.