Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Charter Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 4-6 weeks work left on the Mark II and concerned about title and registration in Illinois. It took a local FFR Mark II owner 10 weeks to receive title and registration and of course I would like to drive it this season.

My research indicates there are a couple of ways to go in Illinois. Custom vehicle/Street Rod first inspected by National Street Rod Association and then send all documentation to State plus money. Then State Police get involved with an inspection of some sort.

Question is, what is the best route to go? Not an everyday car, but day trips to cruise nights, car shows, parades, festivals, etc. What do the NSRA and State Police inspect or what do they want on the car - bumpers, wipers, etc?

Any input would help as I get down to putting the car on the street.

Thank you

·
Registered
554 Posts
It may have either changed completely, or they have an additional route to registration. When I registered mine, it was just before the new laws, so it is currently registered as a regular vehicle with no restrictions. You may want to locate Danny down in Springfield at the DMV (he works strictly with specialty vehicles). He'll have all of the answers for you. The whole process took me about 2 weeks. Unfortunately, his phone # has been misplaced, so you'll need to call information.
Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.