Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I'm laying out the location for all the gages and have locations nailed down for everything except the ignition and light swithes. The location that looks the best for the two is to the left of the sterring wheel. Where do most of the Cobras owners locate these switches?

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
The dash curves away from the column in that area and I didn't want the headlight switch sticking out on an angle, so I mounted it to the dash 2x2 with a custom bracket. Very easy to make and you simply reach under the edge of the dash to pull the light switch. Plus it keeps the dash less cluttered:

And for the ignition switch I mounted it in the stock pre-cut dash location where FFR recommends the horn button:

HTH...
Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark, the location for the light switch looks good. It looks like you put ignition in the horn hole and moved the horn up?

·
Junior Charter Member
823 Posts
Heed Marks warning about the area to the left of the tach (on his dash).

I put my hi/lo beam toggle there, and now that I am mounting the doors, I find it is too high and too far to the left. So I will be re-locating it to clear the door.

·
2010 FFCars Graduate
3,032 Posts

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Jerauld, that is correect. I simply enlarged the horn opening to fit the '65/'66 Mustang ignition switch and then put the stainless steel horn button up above it equidistant between the gauges.

The red light is parking brake warning and the amber is MIL. The billet switch at the far end is wipers. Tried to keep it nice and clean...

BTW, the toggle next to the headlight switch is for hazards (using Russ's turn signal switch and that's Mike Everson's dash bezel for it.

HTH...
Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.