Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I need positive book reviews on Amazon dot com and Barnes & Noble dot com for my book "How To Build Cobra Kit Cars + Buying Used." If you've bought the book and it's helping you to build your Cobra replica, please give the book a 4 or 5 star review on these book buying sites. If the book has helped you to purchase a new Cobra replica or a pre-owned Cobra replica, I would appreciate your gracious words of recommendation on Barnes & Noble and on Amazon's sites. Thank you!

(I checked with the Moderator (Joe) who had deleted this Topic and he agrees that as long as the "you can buy the book here" section is removed, the Topic is fine.)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
just bought a copy. Although my car is near completion, one can never get enough good stuff.

Also, funny comments on that site. What is wrong with those people? Damn sour about buying the wrong kit car. How is it your fault you did not need to weld together two wagons to build your kit? LOL.

good luck!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Just got one, I need all the help I can get

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all!

I'm glad the book is helping with your projects. Ray, I enjoyed seeing you again today and meeting your wife. Seeing your nicely built FFR roadster was an added treat!

Thanks in advance for the positive reviews on B&N and on Amazon. I appreciate it.

Best regards,

Brian

·
Registered
341 Posts
I just received my copy Friday. Looks very well put together. Just wish it had come out two years ago so I would have had a better understanding when I started my progect. Good luck on the sales of the book I'm sure it will do well with all cobra replicas. Thank you.

·
7,201 Posts
I'm going to wait a bit and buy a 2nd copy that I plan on dis-assembling so I can put it in loose leaf binder. Think that would be a good option from the publisher. Also showed it to a few guys around here and they headed up to the local store to see if it was in stock.

Ray

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats a good idea, Ray.

I'm going to wait a bit and buy a 2nd copy that I plan on dis-assembling so I can put it in loose leaf binder. Think that would be a good option from the publisher. Also showed it to a few guys around here and they headed up to the local store to see if it was in stock.

Ray
Ray,

You mentioned that the other day, when you and Jodi drove up to Oceanside in your FFR roadster. I will bring that up with CarTech Books and see what they think. The book should also be available as an eBook (iBook, Nook Book, etc.), the more the merrier.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Justed picked it up at B&N. Great book and as Ive had my kit since Feb and am just now getting started on it all the tips are greatly needed.
If work would just let me alone and i could loose the ability to read !!!!
Then i wouldn't keep adding all these extras to my build list i keep getting on this forum. LOL

Joe

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Joe!

Justed picked it up at B&N. Great book and as Ive had my kit since Feb and am just now getting started on it all the tips are greatly needed.
If work would just let me alone and i could loose the ability to read !!!!
Then i wouldn't keep adding all these extras to my build list i keep getting on this forum. LOL

Joe
Hi Joe,

Thanks for purchasing the book at B&N and thanks for the kind words about it. Would you mind writing a review on the B&N dot com site? I would greatly appreciate it. :)

All the best,

Brian

·
Registered
10 Posts
As I'm still in my planning stage I went to my local B&N and picked up the book yesterday.

Last night I quickly ran through it and probably hit 90% of the content as a "first look". Other than the few typographical errors it looks really good and cleared up some questions I had from the FF MKIV manual (yeah, I bought a PDF copy).

I think it will be a good offline resource when I actually get my kit and start diving in. The only item I have my doubts on about my build that you didn't really cover was the body panel gap fitment since you hired that out (always a good option if you're not up to the task, no blame or shame there for sure). I want to find a good guide for that portion before I decide if I want to send it out and hope a body shop does it right or if I think I can do it right myself.

Thank you, I'm sure the book will get some good use and greasy smudges in the garage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.