Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Charter Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Timing set at @9 Btdc and have done the "setting idle" about 100 times and the TPS adjustment also. 0,96V.
Right after I´ve set the idle the car runs good but after taking it for a ride for maybe 30 minutes it just won´t idle ok. It goes from 1000 to 800 and up again...and down...and up..
The engine backfires alot. I think the timing is set to low, but can this really fix my idling problem as well?
I´ve launched other topics regarding this and read even more about idling and timing.

The car ran perfect before I started doing:
-Installing Powerdyne 6psi Scharger,
-Installing the vacuum tree at the firewall,
-Installing an extra fuel-preassure-regulator as an FMU,
-Changing the timing from factoryset timing,
-Changing idle after the SCharger was installed,
-Installing boost/vaccuum gauge,
-Changing the idle over and over again including the turning on/off engine and relearing the computer the idle.

I´ve searched for vacuumleaks several times and can´t find any...
What should I do next?
Peter

·
Charter Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wade, I did like you told me to.
I moved the MAMeter from the charger approx 5" and also 5" from the air-filter.
I plugged the TB-hose and connected the hose from the oil-fill-neck to the air-intake right before the charger but after the MAmeter.
I set the timing to 12 BTDC and re-adjusted the idle and "programmed" the computer, and also set the TPS at .98V.

The car runs like it was new, it idles perfect and shoots from the redlight as a two-wheeled rocket.....

I didn´t realize that the way the hose from the TB to the Oil-fill was connected "created" a vaccum-problem.

Just minor adjustment with timing and idle left, want it at 11 degrees (it´s a bit hard for the starter-motor to crank the engine when hot) and also want to decrease the idle from 1000 to 850/900 RPM but that´s just minor stuff.

Thanks a lot, I´ve been struggling with this for too many hours and it feels great that it finally turned out well!
Thanks,
Peter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts