Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help in identifying a couple of switches and some wiring. Also, how does the brake switch fit on the brake pedal and the brake assembly? These are off of a 95 mustang.

Is this the right way for the switch to be mounted to the brake pedal? And where does the other end of the switch mount to?

Don't know if this is the right way for the tension spring to be connected. Or is the switch supposed to be in the hole that the spring is in?

Or is there a part missing that connects the switch?
I should have payed more attention when I took it appart 6 years ago or taken pictures. That would have been even better.

Thanks for any help!
Bob

·
7,976 Posts
The wiring harness shown in the picture is for your fuel tank. Connections for the fuel pump and fuel level.
The two switches you show are not typically needed for your build unless you are planning on using cruise control. Neiter one are for the brakes. The brake light switch straddles the push rod pivot point on the pedal. Your brake pivot spring is installed correctly.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. If these switches are not what I need, then I need to know what the brake switch looks like so I can either locate it in the jumble of parts that I have or I may have to buy one from Ford.
I am using the Wiring harness from Factory Five and it takes care of the gas tank connections.
Bob

·
Registered
402 Posts
OKCobra,

off topic, not sure if you purchased it but I bought Russ Thompson gas pedal for my stock foot pedal assembly, i recommend it, my2cents. Not spam, not affiliated at all to Russ

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did buy a Russ Thompson gas pedal. I put it in and then took it out to put insulation in the area. Will have it back on soon.

I don't recall seeing a switch like the one above in my miscellaneous parts box. Will look again, but will probably have to get a new one.

Thanks to all for the info!!
Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.