Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is set up with the IRS and Pin drive with the 295's in the rear with Pro Shocks that are valved too soft. As many of you know the 295's will rub the body if the car sits too low. So what happens is we need to raise the car higher for the 295's than with the recomended 275's. I want the car to sit low enough that it looks good and I don't really care if it rides a little firm. I don't plan to race my car either. I want the wheel lip to ride above the tires one and a half fingers. I think I covered the bulk of the needed info. Has any one out there found the correct shocks Koni's or otherwise?

Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Non-Traditionalist (I'm not a purist, just look at
3,008 Posts
Ask Gordon Levy
he has a pretty awesome Koni set-up for FFR's

·
7,134 Posts
Koni's are expensive, but it seems there are some other ideas floating around.

Options I have read about here so far:
1) Proshock can revalve shocks if required
2) Get stiffer springs, AutoX cars are running 600lb rears
3) Add rubber Bump stops - Craig Mapstone mentioned these a week back..

I too like the low look but am only running 275's so seem to have no issue other a light inside rub on RHS with big bumps .

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,803 Posts
Ace, The single adjustable Koni's are $1395 a set and the double adjustable are $1695 a set. This is about 20% less than list for a custom shock as these are. Please feel free to call me at 480-446-8442. These shocks were redesigned by our engineer and carry our own part number.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts