Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My thought was to allow as much natural air in at speed and force air as needed to keep temp at 180-190 degrees. But now I they look high, you can still see them, but they don't stand out, am I being to picky?

Sly

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
I think they look pretty good. They could be a little lower and it's tough to tell how they'd look to someone standing in from of the car as opposed to bending over and looking directly into the opening. You could always add a little color to the blades or motor to make them stand out a little more.

I also like the mounting brackets. Did you fab them up or get them somewhere?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kevin.....Thank you, I made them, very easy with a brake, tried some different ideas for both strength and looks...I like your idea of adding some color or polish the mounts.

Frank.....I thought they were going to be more visable and stand out....your's look awsome with the driving lights...very nice work.

If anyone has pictures of pushers, it will help me compare....I have been to several shows and have not seen but a few.

Sly

·
2,860 Posts
How vunerable are those fans to...rocks, birds, and small animals? :D
:D Let's add small kids putting their hand in too. :eek: They are 'cool' looking too! (pun intended)

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,526 Posts
Sly, with that great mount you made; adjusting the fans to a lower level will be a piece of cake. Remember, the point of building a Cobra is to make you happy. You can see my fans to the left; I'm happy!

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Mum, The fans spin at 2500 RPMs. They work great for deflecting rocks/bugs/mamals.

I wouldn't want to stick my hand in them. At the same time I think you would get a good slice and not a chop.

*They will not cool the motor on their own**

·
FFCOBRA MASTERCRAFTSMAN 5626
3,860 Posts
Sly,

They look good to me. Maybe a pic from farther back would help. Do they work well where they are? If you don't like the way they look, move them. It's your car, do what makes you happy.

Albert

1 - 8 of 8 Posts