Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the Cobra but this is a BADMOFO.....
(especially if it were sporting 450 ponies)

anyone have any knowledge of these E Kits?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,062 Posts
you can purchase the mods for the body lots of places, they use the 17in halibrands, the 450hp is from an non stock motor and it i very rare to find a cheap shelby cobra which it is based off of. However you can mod a standard mustang fastback and drop a nice engine in it. A full restore is very pricey upward of 80,000.00 for a shelby.

p.s. the cars in gone in 60 seconds were all normal mustangs but the noise was dubbed from a real cobra mustang.

·
15,282 Posts
There's a company out there building "Eleanors" for people. I think they're based in Vegas, maybe? I saw them at a car show about two years ago. Basic car is $80k, with a mid-level at $120k and a full show balls-out model at $160k. Of course, these aren't kits -- regardless of what you pick, you get a car ready to register and drive. Search around on the web...I bet you can find something. Then again, if those numbers are in your budget, there are better projects out there to consider! :D

Cheers, John

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
Actually, the sounds were dubbed from a highly modified 1968 390 GT Mustang coupe. Story to follow in Mustang Monthly some time this fall.

Bill S.

PS: As far as the clone cars go, imagine if you will going to a car show next spring with your "new" Eleanor clone. You park in a nice spot in the modified Mustangs section thinking your the hit of the show....Five minutes later, four more show up and park next to you......Kind of loses it's appeal now doesn't it..........

PSS: Beware the hype on places like Ebay that have "clones" listed at $85,000+++ If any actually have bids on them at those prices, it is because of shill bidding practices..............

Originally posted by Type65:

p.s. the cars in gone in 60 seconds were all normal mustangs but the noise was dubbed from a real cobra mustang.

·
Junior Charter Member
133 Posts
IMHO the only thing I like from that car is the color. All of the body stuff is too much for me. I love mustang fastbacks, and I will have one as soon as I sell my cobra.

·
Supporting Vendor & Admin
8,396 Posts
The company is Unique Motorsports out of Texas and they are very nice cars. I've been to their shop and they had oveer 20 GT500E's and GT350SR's under construction when I was there.

·
1,027 Posts
I think Unique Motorsports has discontinued the Eleanor series. They were very expensive as it was a relationship between Unique, Sanderson Sales and Carol Shelby. The cars started at 80K and went to 150k I believe

·
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they are doable for 25-40K from what I've been reading on the eleanor forum

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Seen 'em in person at shows and IMO they look better in pictures, just too much going on.
If it were me I'd grab a '67 fastback and add the old Shelby mods with some of the modern upgrades like the re-arched and flared wheel wells etc.

Noie the GT-350 SR is another story, THAT is one mean-ass lookin' car!

·
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eleanor build on TLC at 9:30

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,177 Posts
Need,before i learned about FFR, My dream was a 65/66 GT 350R.Most of the hard parts could be had at Tony Branda. I don't know if all the parts are still available but,he had GT 350/500 parts for all the shelbys,even the 67 wide and narrow grille mounted driving lights (if i remember the early 67 had the lights close to the center of the grille but later on they spread them out to the outer edge for better cooling.I think the R's look so much more agressive and serious than the E stang

·
Junior Charter Member
892 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,899 Posts
The super snake version with the blown 427 would be my choice. With 700+ HP WOW!!!! I was lucky at a early age to have a few Shelby's and regret parting with them today. At one point I had two Shelby's and three mustang fastbacks one of them a true CJ car the other two 390 Gt cars. G.

·
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
scam all the way. no location. no feedback. and selling for a "friend"

the fiberglass kits are 3-5k alone and 10-15 for a decent car!

·
Junior Charter Member
892 Posts
Originally posted by Doug I:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gomarlins3:
Link was pulled within 2 hours. I knew something had to be up.
must have been sold </font>[/QUOTE]Not yet. The guy is sending me E-mails telling me to Western Union 35% of the payment and he will ship the car with the rest being due when the car arrives. $7,000 for a completed Eleanor shipped from NY to Fresno Ca. How does that saying go, "If it sounds too good to be true,......"?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts