Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to use only one blink light on the dash so I have use the required diodes per the diagram.

The question I have is that when I flip the toggle it does not blink till I put the toggle back in the off position then only blinks about 10 times then stops. Is that the way it should be? The hazard lights work fine and stay on till I flip the toggle back to off.

Thanks,
Mike O.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Yes, it's designed to work with a momentary toggle or pushbutton. It stays on for about 20 seconds and if the brakes are on it will stay on for the duration of the brake cycle (like if you are stopped at a light waiting to take a left turn). Your situation only requires changing the toggle from regular to momentary.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joe, Looks like I will be going to Radio Shack again. Seems like a simple fix though.

Mike O.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One more thing I am assuming it is still a single pole double throw (SPDT) switch but as a momentary one.

Mike O.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
There is a set of wires for the Smart flash. This is typically used with Russ Thompson turn signal or any switch that is not mometary like your toggle switch.

Just another way to do this.

Robert

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I purchased one of the later systems and did not get the set of wires. I als have the 1+1 System. Should I still of received them?

Mike O.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Mike, if you do it with a momentary-off-momentary switch, you don't have to remember to shut them off, the system will do it for you. The smartflash bypass is for use with a VW or RT self-canceling switch.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,051 Posts
I have a 1+1 with the smart flash and momentary switch. It works out very well. Never forget to turn off signals, very slick setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts