Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my I Squared Million system today. Thinking about tackling it this weekend. I've printed up the info from the I Sq site. Just wondering if anyone has any tips, tricks, advice, etc? I've got a 4.6 DOHC, ABS.

·
4,342 Posts
Just keep the Sawzall away from it!

·
Junior Charter Member
63 Posts
Hoofa, I have the same set up. Tell me what you ordered from I Squared. What did it cost? Let me know how it goes in.

Thanks,
Frank :black

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If I were to do it all over again, I would gave mounted the power controller on the 3/4" tubing on the driver side foot box, put the 10 fused distribution block on top of the "dash filler panel" and put hinges on the panel so you can drop that side down to perform trouble shooting without having to remove the dash.

Got this idea from a fellow Forum member.

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
If I had to do it over I'd get DWC's I-Square box for the rear-wall panel (between the seats). And I'd route everything through the tunnel instead of trying to pass it through the passenger side wall, under the door, up the 2x2 upright and across the firewall. With that, the I-Squared controller box would have ended in the driver side
3/4 frame where the footbox bolts to, with a hinge to swing down.

·
Junior Charter Member
710 Posts
Hoofa, I'm not far if u want to see my setup? I have same stuff as u do. It went pretty quick, an the directions from Joe were great.
Chris helped me out too!!! Great guy!! Don't get him started on his prior jobs! PM me if u need a hand. I'll bring my camera to take pic's of the "real" Hoofa! LOL

·
Senior Charter Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ski,

I would love to see your set up. I've been searching, don't think the wiring is something people take pictures of. I'll be sure to have my Bikini, I probably won't look as good as my business partner.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
You can come and look at mine if you want. I'm not that far away, just south of Salem, NH.

·
Junior Charter Member
710 Posts
No problem, I do have some pic's of the wiring..

The box is from Heeger, I'll have to look up size & cost.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ski,
Where did ya get that extra fuse block? Thanks, for the pics.

Joe,
Thanks for the diagrams.

I think I've got it under control. I'd hate to speak too soon, but this looks easier than I thought.

·
Junior Charter Member
710 Posts
I think the fuse block came from I-SQ. I found one at Radio S for $2.50. Any ??'s just mail me.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
400 Posts
Stephen,
I just bought my unit from I-squared. I was looking at the box from Dark Water Custom's. This box mounts in the trunk. Where did you mount this box you show in the picture above?

Thanks in advance,
Ron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts