Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone that is using the I Squared 1 + 1 system used a 3G alternator?

I have been tentatively planning wiring around the I Squared system and was planning to use a 3G alternator but cannot find any wiring diagrams for anything but a 1 wire alt on the I Squared site.

Anyone?

TIA,

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Don, I did not see the 3G near the alternator in the drawings before.

It looks like all you need is the battery + and ground. Is that right? I thought the 3G used a special plug and harness with 2 or 3 other wires besides battery +. Do I not need anything else hooked up to it for it to function?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Tim,

I found this on the site when I wired up my 3G alt and I-Squared system. I found a replacement alt plug at my local auto parts shop. Plugged straight in.

3G Wiring Diagram

Hope this helps,

Steve

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Steve,

Where did you run the red ignition wire? To the switch or the ign termianal on the power controller?

thanks again,

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hi Tim,

I ran the red wire to a power distribution block which was powered from the ignition circuit on the power controller. No power circuits go to the switches on the I-Squared setup. I converted to an electronic speedo and now I can completely detatch my entire dash with only two connectors - this includes all switches and guages. Really impressed with the I-Squared setup.

Cheers,

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts