Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got to see the drawings of the "new" mid-engine factory five car today! It is AWESOME!!!!!!! YOU WILL NOT BE SAYING: IT'S A REPLICA! Maybe down the road other owners may be saying: "Sorry, It's a Replica of a Factory Five"! I am number 2 on the list (How in hell am I going to explain this one to the wife?) Now the only problem is if I can learn Italian because Dave says that will be one of the prerequisits in order to order one! I think it should be like Ferarri does it: In order to get one you must 1. Have built and owned a Roadster 2. THEN you must also have built and owned a Coupe. 3.THEN your first born must legally have his/her last name changed to Smith! And I WAS so excited about my Coupe! Well, I guess I better go out inthe garage and finish my Pinto, Oh I mean Coupe :(

·
FFCobra Fanatic
871 Posts
So, when can we see these drawings? If we sign non-disclosure agreements can you email us some scans? :D

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ALMOST asked Dave if I could copy it but I was afraid it would be pushing it. To be honest, I was very surprised when Dave said I could post it on the internet. Man is she beautiful! Between my Daytona which will be done soon I keep singing to myself "Torn Between Two Lovers"!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,733 Posts
North Hampton hey???
Who is going to help me with the nasty pile of wire some people call a harness. Any suggestions?
Bill

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Details.....We need more details!

What trans axle will it use?

What Engine? (Personally I think a Ryan Falconer V12 would be just right :D )

Is it an all new concept or does it rely on current FFR parts?

What's the target price and availability?

Gee can you tell I might be looking for another project!

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bill, which harness are you using? Stock or Painless?

I was in such a state of shock when I saw the new body I forgot to ask about the details. Personally, I think they should put a chevy in it, just to spite Ford after the latest hassle!

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
are you talking about the red car pictured on the FFR website that says comming soon, or is this a another car they are comming out with?

Eric

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
This thing is suppose to be a 200mph supercar so I'm assuming some sort of ground effects and a rear spoiler? is it squared off in the nose like a Countach or does it have a rounded nose? I have it pictured more like a Diablo.

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Prototype by July! Mine sometime this fall! You know how it works; they build one and then I show them how to go crazy with one!

·
FFR Driver
2,154 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric 427 Shelby:
WOW, i want one, what is powered by? did you catch an estimated price or release date?

Eric
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eric,

You should see if your Roadster actually runs and drives with no parts falling off prior to getting a new one to build! :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
apprechiate the "support" my car is almost done...i come home for spring break in 2 weeks and by then it will be basically all done except for paint and body work no joke!
Hope your "winter upgrades" don't fall apart...

Eric

·
Registered
370 Posts
I spoke with Wayne Presley last night...but he was very closed mouth...and what he did tell me was sworn to secrecy under penalty of death :eek: Be patient...FFR is suppose to release some info soon. Maybe I should consider selling THE BEAST so I can buy one of these puppys??? :confused: dino

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,733 Posts
Gary
I had a 87 donor with speed density.
Motor had 130 k on it and found out it had a (week) cylinder. Ordered a FR long block. The general opinion is I have to switch to Mass Air now. I currently have the old com.and harness. I am looking for suggestions at this point.
Thanks
Bill

1 - 20 of 33 Posts