Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Charter Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay Folks,

I am building an IRS car with 91-92 SuperCoupe rear disks, '92 V8 front disks. I am installing a rear brake proportioning valve. I have the CarboTech Plus Brake Pads on all fours.

I have just ordered a '84 Jeep Cherokee master cylinder, manual brakes, Auto Zone (Part #: 1 M1896).

Is this the correct master cylinder for my application?

By the way, the cost was $19.99 plus $15.00 core. Since I don't have a core, my total plus was $34.99, not including taxes.

Thanks for your help.

Tim

·
FFCobra Fanatic
762 Posts
do not install the rod until you want to do so permanently

·
FFCobra Fanatic
658 Posts
If you just remove the little "clippy" at the end of the rod, you can put the rod in and out all you want. The "clippy" locks the rod in place, so put it on just before the-last-time you put it in place..thanks... :D

·
FFCobra Fanatic
888 Posts
I just bought the same MC for $21 with a $10 core charge, but it didn't come with a push rod! Do you think that's the difference in price? I was told in no uncertain terms that the core MUST be the same as the original. Got the same story on steering rack cores. Where do you find these suppliers that will take back any old thing for core credit? Bob

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Mine was $19.00 with a $10.00 and came with a rod,but I used the mustang rod instead of cutting down the Jeep works perfect.
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts