Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have a friend with a GT40 replica. He bought this car at auction and does not know who built the car. I told him I would find out what manufacture it might be. Some of the Unique features are:

1. Uses front and rear Corvette C5 spindles.
2. Has an RKT trans-axle
3. A Roush 342 SBF engine
4. Is a tube chassis, with Aluminum riveted to it much like FFR's

He was told it was a Legends Kit. The only thing I can find with the Legends name is "Racing Legends Gt40". Looking at the pictures on Racing Legends site it does not look to be made by that company. I might be wrong but that's why I'm asking you guys.

I will get pictures in order to better identify this car. If anyone knows specific features to look for that can help me in my quest that would be great.

We are also looking for some parts for this car if possible and Identifying it would make that process much more simple.

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
29,522 Posts
Active Power made a GT40 as you describe. But I don't think they're in business anymore

·
Junior Charter Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2Fast4U,

Thanks, Ill look into that company and see if anything matches up. Ill try to get pictures up ASAP.

Thanks

·
Charter Member
545 Posts
The car sounds like the last hurrah for GT40NA....They were based in Indianapolis...Andrew Broadley, who's Dad was the Lola cars in the UK way back in time, was involved in the GT40NA programme

Alain V on here had a couple of them but his were slightly different spec....

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
Any pictures yet?

The Active Power car had Corvette C4 suspension in the front as I recall. RKT transaxle? Would that be RBT perhaps?

·
Junior Charter Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the delay,

The suspension is C5 front and rear.

I should have some pictures later tonight and I will post then up.

Fran,

He bought this car in Indy so you may be correct I will have to get the pictures up and I will let you guys decide.

Randy,

You are correct its RBT, sorry about that.

In the earlier post I mentioned that he is looking for some parts.

Right now the important stuff that he is looking for that are gt40 specific are:

1. A set of headers for Dart Pro1 heads
2. Axles
3. Passenger side headlight cover
4. Latches to hold down the clam shell in the front and the back

If any of you know a good place to look for this things I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
29,522 Posts
1. If the Dart heads hae raised exhaust, it might be a problem. If not, any of the current GT40 manufacturers might be able to help

2. This depends on the transaxle and the rear uprights. You need to measure the distance and also determine if the RBT has been modified for Porsche 930 CV joints.

3. Any manufacturer can help but the fit might not be perfect.

4. Any of the GT40 manufacturers

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
My GT40 has Dart Pro1 heads and the RCR 180 degree headers fit fine..

RCR should be able to supply you with the needed parts..

·
Junior Charter Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are some terrible cell phone pictures of the car. I hope this helps to identify the maker.

I guess I will called RCR and see if they make anything that will work with this car.

Thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
29,522 Posts
You might want to post this over on the GT40s forum. A lot of real sharp guys over there can help you with this

·
Charter Member
545 Posts
Yep....thats a GT40NA car alright...

As Bill said many replica companies have parts but there is only one manufacturer local to you guys ...Give us a call...

·
Junior Charter Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fran,

Ill give you a call tomorrow if you are open and we can figure this out.

Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
gt40 kit

i'm looking for some info on gt 40 kits , can any one help me ? ,like to find a company who makes a good qaulity kit , also if anyone in canada who has imported one , the only one i have seen if by superformance , and it being a almost complited car, i was thinking might be a pain to get into canada.
any info would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
29,522 Posts
fordfeak
Go to gt40s.com and ask over there. You'll get a faster and more complete response

1 - 15 of 15 Posts