Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
As long as you already have the master cylinder that was used on the donor mustang. Just get the mustang booster. If useing a jeep m/c not sure that would work. Rebuild mustang m/c is about 30 dollars if needed.
Do a quick search on power brakes. Plenty of pics and discussion on here.
You'll need the unmodified brake pedal,booster,frame mod. Frame mod now comes in a bolt on section since section of 3/4" frame needs to be droped by foot box. Also need to relocate lowwer steering bearing to inside firewall instead of outside. Couple holes need to be enlarged where the present m/c bolts. Worth the effort.

·
proud builder&owner
201 Posts
If you already have power steering, go with the hydroboost,no chassis modification.

·
proud builder&owner
201 Posts
Tell you what I did, ordered a hydrobooster from Summit with M/C included(450$), installation is really simple,just had to custom made the high pressure hoses, you can always use donor ones,and connect power steering pump to h/b, then from h/b to steering rack,and connect two low press. returns to the p.s.pump,works great and even helps reducing a litlle the p.s excesive power. The only "issue" is: the complete system is a litlle long and interferes with the inside wheel aluminum panel,I cut a small hole and covered with a riveted small box(forum recomendation). Better this than cutting the frame for a booster.
Fernando.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,051 Posts
I dimpeled the "elephant ear" using a lead shot bag and rounded plastic mallot. It made a nice smooth "blister" to clear the M/C with Hydroboost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts