Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a auxiliary fuse box for accessories but I would like one that has two buses in it so I can separate ignition on circuits from always hot circuits. I would like 10-12 circuits total. Anyone know where I can find one at a reasonable price ($25-50) or one that I can modify to do what I want it to do? I found 14 circuit on but only 2 of the circuits are switched and 12 are unswitched and the vendor won't tell me or send me a pic so I can see if I can modify it. I could run 2 smaller fuse panels but would prefer not to.

Thanks
Paul

·
Junior Charter Member
984 Posts
How about using 2? I purchased a 6 circuit panel (ATC style fuses) from a place in Canada called Princess Auto. Harbor Freight sells very similar products in the States. I think it was less than $10. How about West Marine ($$$)? One of the forum vendors (1st Marine) lists panels on their website but there are no products.

Greg

·
89 Posts
I couldn't find a fuse block that was split the way I wanted, so I bought a "Blue Seas" (very good quality) 12 circuit block from a local marine supply and split the supply buss. It turned out well, but took a lot of messing around to get it right. Sorry, no pictures.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Take a look at the Bussmann web sit. Look in OEM Transportation and then look at the 15300-RTMR.

It is not the most user friendly site.

I am using this Power Distribution Module in the Fuse/Micro Relay configuration up front of my car to hose relays for lights, fan etc. It cost me under $25 and I if remember correctly that was with relays and terminals. It is a very nice piece.

I bought it from a distributor in the Chicago area and it is available through Waytech (I think)

Jack

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just thought I wrap up on this in case someone else needs the information.

Jack, thanks for the tip on the Bussmann unit. I ended up buying a 20 circuit dual buss unit p/n 15303-1-2-3. It was $30 plus shipping. I bought it from Connector Concepts in IL 847-541-4020. They were very helpful. What I didn't know and what they failed to mention is that the box only has the bus wired, the other side is just an open hole. So if you buy this box you also need to buy Delphi Metri Pack 280 female connectors. These are hard to find in quantities less than 100. Mouser Electronics www.mouser.com sold them individually. One other note the box uses ATM mini fuses. Hopefully this will save anyone needing an additional fuse box a lot time and effort getting all the parts together.

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts