Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Charter Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The funny thing about owning a GoPro is that I am constantly thinking up and making new mounts to get interesting (to me, anyway) viewpoints. Several people asked me how I got some of the views from my FFR build milestones video, so I made a video of that:

Best GoPro mounts

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks,
MikeD

Reactions: johnnybgoode

·
Premium Member
18,010 Posts
Nicely done, well designed. I probably would have made it out of aluminum. But I would copy your design. :)

I noticed on the high front mount that the camera angle changes when you turn (1:40). How did you accomplish that? Or was that an accident due to the wind stream?

Reactions: MikeD

·
Junior Charter Member
768 Posts
Cool thanks for sharing.

I need to get a go pro, I have a cheap knockoff and the video quality sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,511 Posts
Nice Job Mike, definitely makes for some cool shots. The wind noise is my biggest complaint with mine. I will have to mess around with external mics or foam as you have used.

·
Charter Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nicely done, well designed. I probably would have made it out of aluminum. But I would copy your design. :)

I noticed on the high front mount that the camera angle changes when you turn (1:40). How did you accomplish that? Or was that an accident due to the wind stream?
the camera turning was actually the smoothing that the GoPro does. I noticed that too.
If I was going to leave the mounts on the car for more than short times filming, I might remake them out of aluminum as well.

Thanks for watching and replying!
Mike

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks for posting. I am going to borrow your design. I find with the GoPro, the more places you put it, the more fun the video is. The Cobra is one of the more fun cars to put the camera in the engine bay for.

For wind noise, I have used external mics with success. Just make sure to have a muff on the skeleton door also. It is good to about 100MPH. With each generation of GoPro, the footage keeps getting better. I just go a Hero 9 and it is hands down the best one yet. So good, that I am selling my old collection. With a cell phone and a Hero 9, I really do not need any other cameras.

Now that you have motivated me, I will plan a drive this weekend with my camera.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts